BlackBerry has launched its second Android smartphone, the DTEK50
BlackBerry is tounting the security features of the DTEK50, claiming that it is the “World’s most secure smartphone”. The BlackBerry also claims that the DTEK50 is its slimmest smartphone yet at 7.44mm thickness.
The DTEK50 smartphone can be pre-ordered from company’s own shopping website in US, UK, Canada, Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands for $299. Its availability and price details in India are not known yet.
The BlackBerry DTEK50 running Android 6.0 Marshmallow, also features a 5.2 inch full HD resolution, scratch resistant display. Blackberry DTEK50 is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 processor with 3GB RAM, 13 megapixel camera and 2,610 mAh battery. The BlackBerry DTEK50 houses 16GB of inbuild storage, which can be further expanded with the help of a microSD card.
- Resolution: 1920x1080p, ~424 PPI, 24-bit colour depth
- Screen Size: 5.2” diagonal with 16:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Qualcomm 8952 with 64 bit Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 and Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 (Snapdragon 617 Octa-Core, 64 bit); Adreno 405, 550MHz GPU
- Battery: 2610 mAh 4.4V non-removable Lithium Ion battery QC2.0 which Enabled – 50% charge in 51 minutes
- Battery life: Up to 17 hours mixed battery life; Up to 17 hours talk time; and up to 24 days standby time; as well as up to 40 hours audio playback; Up to 8 hours video playback
- Rear Camera: 13 megapixel auto-focus camera with Phase Detect Auto Focus (PDAF), Fast focus lock, 6-element f2.0 lens and Dual Tone LED Flash. 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Front Camera: 8MP Fixed-Focus, f2.2; 1.125um pixel size; 84˚ wide angle/field of view lens; 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps; Selfie Flash
- Memory: 3 GB RAM; 16 GB Flash expandable via hot swappable microSD memory card to 2TB
- Height: 147 mm / 5.79 in
- Width: 72.5 mm / 2.85 in
- Depth: 7.4 mm / 0.29 in
- Weight: 135g / 4.76 oz
- Ports: USB 2.0 with standard microUSB 2.0 cable (included in box)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz; 802.11 a/n 5GHz; 802.11 ac 5GHz
- Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy (LE) and EDR
A third Android devide is expected from BlackBerry in the coming months.